5 Reasons To Have a Professional Install Your Water Heater
April, 24th, 2013
- You may not select the right water heater for your needs and specifications. It’s not as simple as replacing a 30-gallon hot water heater with another 30-gallon model. There are thousands of sizes and options available today. Fuel source, energy efficiency, fast recovery, venting and anticipated demand must all be considered in order to determine the correct model.
- Local codes and ordinances may not permit self-installation. Regulations governing water heater installation vary by city. Professional contractors are familiar with the rules and regulations in each city they service.
- Installation requires materials and knowledge most homeowners don’t have on hand. Installation involves much more than just attaching a water line. A professional contractor arrives with all the fittings, pipes, parts, tools, venting materials and valves needed to install the job correctly the first time. Most also include removal and disposal of your old water.
- A professional contractor may be able to repair your hot water heater instead of replace it. If your hot water heater’s problem is diagnosed as a defective heating element or faulty valve, it can be fixed. A contractor’s experience is the difference between a minor repair and unnecessary investment in a new water heater.
- Contractors provide safety and security you can live with. Professional contractors are licensed and bonded to ensure your safety. Most provide warranties covering each installation. The local building authorities inspect all work, as required by code to protect your family’s health and safety.