As a homeowner, taking care of your home’s vital systems is one of your most important jobs. Though we have had a mild winter, it’s still a good idea to think about whether your furnace can handle another winter or if your should consider replacing it.
Even the best furnace isn’t designed to last forever, and if yours is several years old, you might want to consider upgrading to a newer model to save on your energy bills and prevent a future breakdown.
At Corley, we offer furnace replacement in Greenville, South Carolina and the surrounding areas, and we can help you select the model that is best suited to your home as well as your family’s needs. Are you due for a new furnace? Here are a few signs that it might be time to make the switch.
How to Tell You Need a New Furnace
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old. Energy Star recommends replacing furnaces approximately every 15 years. Newer models are more energy efficient, and replacing old furnaces is often more cost-effective in the long run than paying for frequent repairs as the system’s components break down.
- You’re making frequent calls for repair. Having your furnace repaired isn’t cheap, and if you’re scheduling service calls several times throughout the winter, you may be better off investing in a new system. Furnaces break down more frequently as they age, and replacement components may be difficult – or even impossible – to find. If you’re calling for frequent repairs, a reputable company – such as Corley – will help you determine whether replacing the system would be a better investment than paying for repairs.
- Your heating bills have gone up. Furnaces lose efficiency as they age as the result of internal parts beginning to wear out. If you’re noticing an increased heating bill, upgrading to a newer, more energy efficient system could save you a bundle.
- Your home isn’t being heated evenly. Do you find yourself constantly adjusting the thermostat trying to stay warm? Are some rooms warmer than others? While uneven heating has numerous potential causes, old furnaces often struggle to distribute heat evenly.
- You hear strange noises coming from your unit. Clanging or rattling sounds from your unity are a warning sign. These can mean anything from something that is simply loose within the furnace to a more serious issue like a pressure build up that should be addressed by a professional. A technician can help diagnose the sounds and perform a thorough cleaning if necessary.
Furnace Replacement in Greenville
If you think you may be in need of furnace replacement in Greenville, contact the experts right here at Corley. Our technicians are highly trained and certified, and they can help you decide whether the time is right to replace your old furnace with a newer model. They’ll also help you choose a system that’s perfectly suited to your home and family. To learn more or to schedule a service call, please contact us today by calling 864-479-4589.