Summer is finally here to stay, so we wanted to share a few tips on how to keep your home cool while also saving a few dollars on your power bill. Listed below are a few simple ideas and reminders.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer. The less difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill will be.
- Turn your thermostat up a few degrees when you’re not in your home for extended periods of time.
- Don’t set your thermostat at a colder temperature setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner.
- Consider ceiling fans to spread the cooled air more effectively through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
- Switch your ceiling fans to rotate in a counter-clockwise direction in the summer.
- Don’t place lamps or TV sets near your air conditioning thermostat.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade air-conditioning units but not to block the airflow. A unit operating in the shade uses as much as 10% less electricity than the same one operating in the sun.
If you have questions or need immediate air conditioning service in Greenville or Spartanburg, call Corley Plumbing Air Electric at 864-659-2652.