Tips for choosing an HVAC company
April, 26th, 2012
If you are installing a new HVAC system for your home or even if you only want to upgrade your existing system, the choice of a HVAC company is as important as the choice of equipment or unit. Spending some time and effort in shopping around for the right heating and air company will pay off in the proper operation and efficiency of your HVAC system.
Here are some tips for choosing a HVAC company:
- Don’t rely on phone quotes. Request an in-home estimate.
- Ask for a written estimate for the work to be completed.
- Get referrals from friends, family and neighbors.
- Verify that the HVAC company you are dealing with is licensed, bonded and insured and that their technicians are also correctly licensed.
- Request references and take time to call and make some inquiries as to the quality of the work if you’re not sure about a company.
- Check if the HVAC company you’re hiring is legitimate. Check out their website for a physical address and phone number.
- Check to see if the contractor you plan to hire has had any complaints filed against them. It is common for businesses such as Heating and Air companies to have complaints filed against them. But what is important is how these complaints were resolved or if they were resolved at all. Unresolved issues are a cause for concern.
- Find out the type of equipment used and the kind of tests that the company performs on a HVAC system. Specifically look for tests on carbon monoxide levels that could be a cause of danger to you and your family.