Tips from the Pros on Planning a Bathroom Remodel
September, 28th, 2015
We understand that once you decide to remodel your bathroom, it’s hard not to immediately jump in the car, head to the closest home improvement store, and just start buying whatever catches your fancy. As hard as it may be, we suggest you put your keys down, grab a pen and paper, and make a plan instead. Plans are what keep projects affordable, manageable, and realistic: 3 important factors in a successful renovation. If you aren’t sure where you should start your master plan, allow us to help you out!
Planning Your Bathroom Renovation
Before you jump right in and start ripping your sink out of the wall, there are a few things you need to sit down and plan when it comes to creating your new bathroom. You need to:
- Establish a budget and stick with it. Any remodel is expensive but you can keep costs down by not allowing yourself to deviate from the budget you set at the beginning of the project. Research materials to get an idea of the price range you’d like to stay within.
- Take measurements of your current fixtures. While you shop around for new sinks, for example, you don’t want to fall in love with and buy one that’s too large for the space you have. Going by specific measurements will help things go far more smoothly.
- Consider a timeless look. You may have very specific taste, but a timeless look will help with the resale value of your home if you ever decide to move.
- Plan around the remodel. You’re going to be down a bathroom while the renovations take place and you’ll need a plan for your family’s schedule around the temporary inconvenience.
- Learn how to maintain your new bathroom. Learn as much as you can about your new sink, toilet, shower, floor, etc.so you know how to properly clean and maintain the look and value of your investment.
- Find the right professional for the job. You probably have several questions about plumbing and there are plenty of things you should never DIY, so don’t take a risk by taking on this project by yourself — a bathroom renovation should solve problems, not create more! Find a contractor you can trust and let them do the job right the first time.
Remodeling a bathroom calls for the expertise of several skilled professionals from plumbers to electricians — and Corley has both to make sure the job is done right! If you’re interested in bringing your bathroom into the 21st century give us a call at (864) 517-1251 or contact us online today!