About Greenville, SC
If quality of life is an important factor in your decision to relocate, then you should seriously consider Greenville, SC and the surrounding Upstate area. When people think of quality of life some of the key considerations are recreational opportunities, healthcare, climate and proximity to other activities.
Listed below are a few reasons why we think the Quality of Life it truly exceptional.
The patronage of the arts in the Upstate rivals many major metropolitan areas. With a number of theaters, art festivals, and musical performances, residents have a variety of choices any night of the week. In fact, Southern Living recently named Greenville, SC its “City of the Arts.”
- Greenville has over 51 golf courses to play
- More than 300 waterfalls within a two hour drive
- Bike Magazine rated Greenville as a “Top 5 Best Place To Live And Ride”
- 12 State Parks within an hour of Greenville
- The Boston Red Sox Single-A Affiliate – The Greenville Drive – play in a brand new stadium in Downtown Greenville, which is rated as a top stadium by Ballpark Digest
- Named the 2003 winner of the “Great American Main Street Award”
- Downtown Greenville is home to over 130 retail shops and 75 restaurants in a one square mile area
- One of the only downtown areas in the United States with natural waterfalls
- The $12 Million Reedy Falls Park with lush gardens and the most unique curved pedestrian suspension bridge overlooking Reedy River Falls
- Over 200 yearly events including weekly music series April through September on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- The Peace Center which offers Broadway productions as well as concerts
- The Bon Secours Wellness Arena which is home to a wide range of sporting and concert events
The Upstate prides itself on state-of-the-art healthcare systems that are setting standards across the country. And although the average number of physicians per capita across the U.S. is 170, the Upstate averages over 223 physicians per capita. That’s healthcare you can count on. Visit Greenville Health System to learn more about healthcare services available in Greenville, SC and the Upstate.
People love the climate in the Upstate. You get a taste of all four seasons, but not to the extreme.
- Average high in July 88 degrees
- Average low in January 32 degrees
- Average annual snowfall 2 inches
Proximity to Popular Destinations
- Asheville, NC: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Atlanta, GA: Less than 2.5 hours
- Charleston, SC: 3.5 hours
- Charlotte, NC: 1.5 hours
- Myrtle Beach: Less than 4.5 hours