Can you believe this warmer weather?
March, 22nd, 2012
Spring is nearly here and we’re already seeing warmer temperatures. Before long, many of you will feel the need to turn on your air conditioning units. So here are a few quick tips on how you can keep your home cooler this Spring and Summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible during the summer time. The less difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill is going to be.
- Don’t set your thermostat at a colder temperature setting than usual when you turn on your air conditioner.
- Consider fans to spread the cooled air more effectively through your home without greatly increasing your power use.
- Don’t place lamps or Television sets near your a / c thermostat.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade air-conditioning units but not to block the flow of air. A unit operating in the shade uses as much as 10% less electricity compared to the same one operating in the sun.
If you need immediate advice about your air conditioning, e-mail us via our website or call (864) 334-6425.