How to Choose an Air Filter
October, 27th, 2016
Most people don’t put a lot of thought into the type of air filters they select. The biggest concern is just remembering to change them regularly and then finding a size to fit your system. However, the importance of having clean, safe air circulating inside your home should not be ignored.
Stop and think about how much time you spend inside your home. Most of us spend at least 10-12 hours per day breathing the air within our homes. As a result, indoor air quality should be something you think about to ensure that the air that you and your family breathe is clean and healthy. You can purchase equipment specifically designed to improve air quality, but you can also do something as simple as choosing the right air filters for your heating and air system.
Listed below are a few tips to help you choose the right air filter for your home.
- Find out the kind of pollutants that are causing air impurities in your home. The most common air pollutants are:
- Pollen or dust
- Pet shedding or other allergens
- Fungus and molds
- Look for air filters with high efficiency ratings, such as HEPA filters. These air filters which rank at the top of the rating lists are guaranteed to be reliable and can remove 99.97 percent of toxic impurities suspended in the air inside your home. Other types of air filters are electrostatic filters, UV light filters and Charcoal and carbon filters.
- Choose air filters that can get rid of all kinds of allergens or much better, air filters that can do away with the source of allergens in addition to filtering out the allergens in the air that you breathe. This will prevent you and your family from having allergy attacks brought by these allergens.
- Optional – Get an air purifier or air filter that can be inserted into the ventilation system of the house.
A licensed Heating and Air company can assess your HVAC system to ensure it is running safely and efficiently. Call Corley Plumbing Air Electric in Greenville or Spartanburg, SC at 864-517-1251 or Schedule Service online.