Working in Greenville, SC
September, 26th, 2014
If quality of life is a key factor in your decision to relocate, then you should seriously consider Greenville, SC and the surrounding Upstate area. Greenville, SC is filled with entertainment, convenience, and is constantly growing into one of the best cities for employment. Listed below are a few reasons why we think the Quality of Life it truly exceptional.
Recreation and Entertainment
Visitors to Greater Greenville will have no problem filling the days and evenings with every kind of leisure activity. Greenville’s international community has created cultured dining and entertainment options. With a number of theaters, art festivals, and musical performances, residents have an assortment of choices any night of the week. In fact, Southern Living recently named Greenville, SC its “City of the Arts.”
- Greenville has over 51 golf courses to play
- More than 300 waterfalls within a two hour drive
- Bike Magazine rated Greenville as a “Top 5 Best Place To Live And Ride”
- 12 State Parks within an hour of Greenville
- The Boston Red Sox Single-A Affiliate – The Greenville Drive – play in a brand new stadium in Downtown Greenville, which is rated as a top stadium by Ballpark Digest
- Named the 2003 winner of the “Great American Main Street Award”
- Downtown Greenville is home to over 130 retail shops and 75 restaurants in a one square mile area
- One of the only downtown areas in the United States with natural waterfalls
- The $12 Million Reedy Falls Park with lush gardens and the most unique curved pedestrian suspension bridge overlooking Reedy River Falls
- Over 200 yearly events including weekly music series April through September on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- The Peace Center which offers Broadway productions as well as concerts
- The Bon Secours Wellness Arena which is home to a wide range of sporting and concert events
The Upstate prides itself on state-of-the-art healthcare systems that are setting standards across the country. The Greenville Hospital System University Medical Center is the state’s most comprehensive health care provider and one of the Southeast’s leading medical facilities. The highly skilled physicians and medical staff at GHS provide the most ample and state-of-the-art treatment in the area. Bon Secours St. Francis Health System is a private, non-profit health care system, with patient satisfaction ratings among the highest in the nation.
Proximity to Popular Destinations
When your workweek is over and it’s time to have a vacation, Greenville is in the middle of all the fun. The mountains are only an hour away and the beach is only 3-4 hours away.
- Asheville, NC: 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Atlanta, GA: Less than 2.5 hours
- Charleston, SC: 3.5 hours
- Charlotte, NC: 1.5 hours
- Myrtle Beach: Less than 4.5 hours
People love the climate in the Upstate. You get a taste of all four seasons, but not to the extreme.
- Average high in July 88 degrees
- Average low in January 32 degrees
- Average annual snowfall 2 inches
Contact us Today!
If you are ready to start a new exciting beginning in the Greenville, SC area and are a highly motivated individual in a skilled trade contact us online today. We’ll help get you set up so that you can be on your way to a new and exciting future.